18 Super Informative Podcasts Suitable for All Nurses
| NurseJournal Staff
Featured Online Programs
- Johns Hopkins Medicine Podcasts – This is a podcast that describes some of the top medical stories of the week. This is designed for people who want to be as informed as possible regarding their healthcare.
- NPR – Your Health Podcast – This is a podcast that contains news and commentary of the latests news in personal health, healthcare, drugs, medicine, diet and recipes.
- Medscape Nurses Podcasts – This will provide you with updates on nursing news from this Medscape podcast.
- Almost a Nurse – This is a podcast about a nursing student and his journey through life to become a nurse. He also has podcasts here that describe his work challenges as a nurse after graduation.
- Traveling Nurse Insider Podcast – This will provide you with the latest advice and insight into the career of travel nursing.
- The Nursing Show – This weekly podcast has news, tips, tricks, medication information, nursing career interviews and education.
- The Nurses State – This is a podcast that is done twice per month that is conducted by two nurses. They discuss all of the issues that are affecting nurses today, and nothing is sugarcoated.
- ONF Podcast Series – This is a podcast that is put out by the Oncology Nursing Society, and it consists of 20 minute podcasts on how to care for patients in different life and cancer stages.
- Geriatric Nursing – This is a series of podcasts that is made for nurses who have a passion for geriatric nursing.
- Insights in Nursing – This podcast will allow you to stay up to date with the newest health care technology and ethics.
- NEJM – This is the podcast channel for the New England Journal of Medicine.
- Drexel Medcast – This podcast from Drexel University College of Medicine covers a huge range of health care topics for nurses and doctors.
- Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center Lectures – This podcast provides nurses with a general interest medical resource that is good for learning about medical topics from pediatric obesity to global health education.
- MUSC Health – The Medical University of South Carolina has provided this series of podcasts that has information of note for nurses, doctors, health care experts and medical school deans.
- Instant Anatomy – This is a very easy and helpful podcast that will provide you will all of the latest information on human anatomy.
- Medical Rounds – You will find on demand medical education in all sorts of categories, from neurology to pediatrics to critical care.
- La Leche League International – Are you a nurse who often works with new mothers? You should check out this series of podcasts to discover all the latests in breastfeeding and more.
- CME Podcasting – This is called Contiuning Medical Education Podcasting. It allows you to look for podcasts or to browse audio files and class materials that deal with all kinds of medical areas, such as medical illness, fibromyalgia and aging.
NurseJournal.org is an advertising-supported site. Featured or trusted partner programs and all school search, finder, or match results are for schools that compensate us. This compensation does not influence our school rankings, resource guides, or other editorially-independent information published on this site.
Are you ready to earn your online nursing degree?
Resources and articles written by professionals and other Nurses like you.