18 Super Informative Podcasts Suitable for All Nurses
There are many educational resources available for nurses. However, if you are not ready at this time to continue your education with a full degree program, there are many interesting podcasts that you can watch online. These podcasts come from a wide variety of health-related websites, and are a great way to stay up to date on the latest nursing-related information. All you need to do is to listen to a few of these every week, and you will be vastly better informed about the nursing profession:
Featured Online Programs
- Johns Hopkins Medicine Podcasts – This is a podcast that describes some of the top medical stories of the week. This is designed for people who want to be as informed as possible regarding their healthcare.
- NPR – Your Health Podcast – This is a podcast that contains news and commentary of the latests news in personal health, healthcare, drugs, medicine, diet and recipes.
- Medscape Nurses Podcasts – This will provide you with updates on nursing news from this Medscape podcast.
- Almost a Nurse – This is a podcast about a nursing student and his journey through life to become a nurse. He also has podcasts here that describe his work challenges as a nurse after graduation.
- Traveling Nurse Insider Podcast – This will provide you with the latest advice and insight into the career of travel nursing.
- The Nursing Show – This weekly podcast has news, tips, tricks, medication information, nursing career interviews and education.
- The Nurses State – This is a podcast that is done twice per month that is conducted by two nurses. They discuss all of the issues that are affecting nurses today, and nothing is sugarcoated.
- ONF Podcast Series – This is a podcast that is put out by the Oncology Nursing Society, and it consists of 20 minute podcasts on how to care for patients in different life and cancer stages.
- Geriatric Nursing – This is a series of podcasts that is made for nurses who have a passion for geriatric nursing.
- Insights in Nursing – This podcast will allow you to stay up to date with the newest health care technology and ethics.
- NEJM – This is the podcast channel for the New England Journal of Medicine.
- Drexel Medcast – This podcast from Drexel University College of Medicine covers a huge range of health care topics for nurses and doctors.
- Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center Lectures – This podcast provides nurses with a general interest medical resource that is good for learning about medical topics from pediatric obesity to global health education.
- MUSC Health – The Medical University of South Carolina has provided this series of podcasts that has information of note for nurses, doctors, health care experts and medical school deans.
- Instant Anatomy – This is a very easy and helpful podcast that will provide you will all of the latest information on human anatomy.
- Medical Rounds – You will find on demand medical education in all sorts of categories, from neurology to pediatrics to critical care.
- La Leche League International – Are you a nurse who often works with new mothers? You should check out this series of podcasts to discover all the latests in breastfeeding and more.
- CME Podcasting – This is called Contiuning Medical Education Podcasting. It allows you to look for podcasts or to browse audio files and class materials that deal with all kinds of medical areas, such as medical illness, fibromyalgia and aging.
Even though you may not be in school right now, by listening to some of these super informative podcasts every day, you will easily be able to expand your nursing and medical knowledge.
Are you ready to earn your online nursing degree?
Whether you’re looking to get your pre-licensure degree or taking the next step in your career, the education you need could be more affordable than you think. Find the right nursing program for you.
Our rankings of the best accredited online BSN programs can help RNs select the right degree for their career advancement and professional development.
Cultural competency is a vital skill for delivering quality nursing care across culturally diverse groups. Our guide offers tips from nursing professionals on incorporating it into nursing culture and practice.
Many nursing schools include the TEAS exam as an admission requirement. This guide offers tips on how to pass the TEAS.