Additionally, they offer an MSN program for BSN holders. They have seven emphasis areas, including health care informatics, family nurse practitioner and clinical nurse leader. Additionally, students can choose from various options, such as mind-body-spirit health care, Latino health care and nursing education. All MSN pathways include pharmacology in health management, pathophysiology and health care information management.
The university also offers a Master of Science in Nursing program to students who have a BSN degree. Students in this program also have the option to focus on one of seven areas of emphasis, which include clinical nurse leader, family nurse practitioner and health care informatics. The MSN program also has options for Latino health care, mind-body-spirit health care and nursing education. Offered courses in the MSN program cover topics like pathophysiology, pharmacology in health management and health care information management.
Furthermore, the school offers two doctorate degrees. The first is the Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing This includes a dissertation. The focus here is on perspectives on global health, theory development in nursing and health and illness in various populations. The second doctorate program is the Doctor of Nursing Practice. This focuses on a range of subjects, including financial management in health care and pathogenesis of complex illnesses.
- Campus: San Diego, CA
- Type: Private, for profit
- Accreditation: CCNE
- Tuition: $42,330 per school year
- Minimum time commitment: 21 months for MSN for non-RNs, 48 units for Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing, 34 units for Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Online availability: No
- Degree requirements: BSN for the MSN for BSN holders, BSN or MSN for the Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Programs: MSN for non-RNs, MSN for BSN holders, Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing, Doctor of Nursing Practice
- School Site: Tuition and Financial Aid