28 Twitter Accounts Every Nursing Student Should Follow
Becoming a nurse is an ongoing educational process that only begins after you earn your nursing degree. A good nurse will continue to absorb nursing knowledge all of her life. The exciting part of the web is certainly Social media. You can honestly spend all day on Twitter re-tweeting, tweeting and following link after link of juicy nursing articles and more.
Here are 28 super cool Twitter feeds you should follow in the field of nursing.
- @NYTimesHealth – Find out information on warnings, vaccines, nutrition and other important health information from the New York Times.
- @health – Follow this helpful feed for news from the Health News Blog.
- @NBCNewsHealth – This great feed will give you the most recent health, diet and nutrition news from NBC.
- @WebMD – Find out all of the latest news and information about just about every health condition you can imagine.
- @goodhealth – Learn about the most recent health and wellness news from Health Magazine.
- @AmeriNurse2day – Learn about all the news in nursing with the official journal of the American Nurses Association.
- @NEJM – Read all the latest tweets on health and medical research from the New England Journal of Medicine.
- @NursingTimes – Read this helpful feed for all of the news, research and opinion from NursingTimes.net.
- @CDCemergency – Get prepped for any national public emergency with announcements from this Twitter feed.
- @CNNhealth – Learn the very latest news headlines on health and medical topics from CNN.
- @GetNursingJobs – Find out about interesting jobs and careers in nursing.
- @RNsearch – Are you a nurse looking for employment? Then consider this online career concierge.
- @NursesJobs – This feed provides job application advice for nurses in the UK, as well as available positions.
- @onwardhealth – A big provider of traveling nurse and physical therapy positions.
- @rnjob – Learn how to become an RN, read about nursing schools, nursing programs and available scholarships.
- @Nursingjobcast – This Twitter feed gives you the most up to date information on current nursing openings.
- @travelnursejob – The official Twitter feed for TravelMax Nursing, which is one of the top travel nurse staffing agencies.
- @SUMedicine – This is the official Twitter feed for the Stanford University School of Medicine.
- @vumedicine – This is the official Twitter feed for the Vanderbilt University School of Medicine.
Information and Resources
- @nursingideas – Full of passion and ideas for making the nursing profession better.
- @diseaseaday – Learn about a new disease every day. A great way to increase your medical knowledge.
- @Informednurse – This is the official Twitter page of Nursing Essentials.
- @druginfo – A great resource of drug information and side effects.
- @Emergiblog – A great resource for information about the nursing profession in the ER.
- @linda_miner – This is a great Twitter feed to learn about health, nutrition, wellness and fitness.
- @Nicurnmama – This is the Twitter feed for a NICU nurse who is a busy mother of five.
- @Christiannurse – A Twitter feed of news, views and resources for Christian nurses.
- @impactednurse – This is a feed by a male nurse in Australia who works in the ER at his hospital.
Are you ready to earn your online nursing degree?
Whether you’re looking to get your pre-licensure degree or taking the next step in your career, the education you need could be more affordable than you think. Find the right nursing program for you.
Show your appreciation during National Nurses Week (and whenever!) by giving your favorite nurse a thoughtful gift. Find a list of the best gifts for nurses here.
Want to impact policy on nursing and healthcare? Learn more about health policy nurse jobs, including how to become a health policy nurse and salary expectations.
Medical assistants enjoy strong job growth projections and satisfying work. This guide describes what they do and how to become a medical assistant.